This facility is a library specializing in manga and other subcultures and is affiliated with Meiji University.
The 2F open-stack reading room and stack room materials may be used by Meiji University students and instructors as well as library members (membership fees apply).
Displays in the 1F Exhibition Hall may be viewed free-of-charge
- The library has three membership categories: General Member, One-month Member, and One-day Member.
- Anyone aged 18 years or older may register as a library member.
|Membership Categories||Term of Validity||Membership Fee|
|General Member||1 year||6,000 yen|
|One-month Member||1 month||2,000 yen|
|One-day Member||1 day||300 yen|
※One-day members may not request to view dojinshi (self-published material) or materials published before 1979.
(Open-stack materials may be viewed.)
※When registering, please provide personal identification proving that you are 18 years or older.
If you do not have personal identification featuring a photograph, please provide some means of appropriate identification (i.e. health insurance papers) as well as an article of mail postmarked to you and your location of residence plus a photographic portrait of yourself, sized 3cm high x 2cm wide.
※You cannot register for membership through this website.
Prepaid Point Card
- Purchase a prepaid point card when using the library’s in-house borrowing and photocopying services.
- Card prices and number of points available for use on each card are as follows.
|Card Price||500 yen||1,000 yen||3,000 yen|
|Available Points||500 Points||1,100 Points||3,400 Points|
- When borrowing library items, you will be charged 100 points per item.
- You may borrow up to 10 items at a time.
- A One-day Viewing Pass is also available (3,000 yen / only cash accepted). This pass enables you to view as many library items as you wish in one day. (However, you may only borrow up to 10 items at a time.)
- Borrowed items may not be taken outside the library.
- Photocopying is allowed within the range permitted by copyright laws.
- Black-and-white copies are 50 points each; color copies are 200 points each. Dojinshi (self-published material) may not be copied.
Please store any bags or other personnel belongings in the coin lockers in the 2F corridor before entering the library.
(You may not bring anything other than pencils, notebooks, or valuables with you into the library. If all the coin lockers are occupied, you may leave your belongings at the 2F counter.)