Law in Japan


Meiji University doesn’t provide any housing services for short-term study students including off-campus housing arrangement. Please note that it is your own responsibility to arrange accommodation for your stay. For your reference, please visit the Useful Links-Accommodation in Tokyo.

Because summer is the high tourist season in Japan, we recommend you start to arranging your accommodation as soon as possible.


All Law in Japan participants must have travel insurance for the  entire duration of the program. Regarding coverage, we expect all participants have at least basic travel insurance, which usually covers you for doctor visits and hospitalizations, emergency medical evacuation, repatriation, and miscellaneous travel benefits like lost luggage.
Basically we ask international students to purchase their travel insurance in their own country because the coverage begins on their departure date. But if you don’t need any coverage for travelling between your home and Japan, you can also purchase travel insurance from Japanese insurance company.

Tokyo Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd (one of major Japanese insurance companies)