Notice about the 2018 Entrance Ceremony
Feb. 22, 2018
Photo: 2017 Entrance Ceremony
The Meiji University Entrance Ceremony for the 2018 academic year will be held as follows.
Owing to the capacity of Nippon Budokan, the ceremony will be staged twice, once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
April 7 (Sat.), 2018
Time: Doors open at 9:00 a.m. / Ceremony starts at 10:00 a.m.; Completion scheduled for 10:55 a.m.
For students under: School of Law, School of Commerce, School of Science and Technology, School of Agriculture, School of Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences
Time: Doors open at 12:30 p.m. / Ceremony starts at 1:30 p.m.; Completion scheduled for 2:25 p.m.
For students under: School of Political Science and Economics, School of Arts and Letters, School of Business Administration, School of Information and Communication, School of Global Japanese Studies, Graduate School, Professional Graduate School
* No entrance for persons who are not enrolled in the undergraduate school or graduate school scheduled for the ceremony.
1. Opening Remarks
2. President Remarks
3. Speech of Congratulation
- Chairman, Board of Trustees
4. Student Declaration
5. The School Song
6. Closing Remarks
* The ceremony proceedings are subject to change.
Nippon Budokan (2-3 Kitanomarukoen, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo)
Nippon Budokan on a Google map
Exit at Kudanshita Station on the Tokyo Metro Tozai line or Hanzomon line, or on the Toei Shinjuku line.
* There is no parking at the venue.
(1) The seats for students are located in the lower level arena (first come, first serve) and first floor. The entrances are the West Entrance (for arena seats) and South Entrance (for first-floor seats). We will distribute numbered tickets for arena seats (capacity: about 2,300) at the "Student Arena Ticketing Office" on a first come, first serve basis. Students who want an arena seat are asked to enter the venue by "Tayasu Gate" and obtain a ticket at this office. If you come to the venue right before the start of the ceremony, you may be asked to enter from "Shimizu Gate". If you come from "Shimizu Gate", you cannot obtain a ticket for an arena seat. We therefore ask students who want an arena ticket to come to the venue early.
(2) Seats for family members are located on the first, second, and third floors. The entrances are the South Entrance (for first-floor seats) and Southwest Entrance (for second- and third-floor seats). Owing to the capacity of Nippon Budokan, we are limiting attendance by family members to no more than two for each student, in order to safely stage the ceremony. Please detach the "Family ticket" printed at the end of the "Admission Procedure Guide", bring it with you to the venue, and present it at the entrance (South Entrance or Southwest Entrance) to enter the venue.
(3) Please make sure to leave plenty of time for the walk from "Kudanshita" Station, because the sidewalks from there to Nippon Budokan will be extremely crowded.
(4) Please do not arrange to meet others inside "Kudanshita" Station or along Yasukuni Road, because this will impede passage by others.
(5) After the Ceremony, please follow the instructions of the staff and exit from Shimizu Gate.
(6) Smoking is prohibited in Nippon Budokan and its vicinity. Please make sure to take any litter home with you.
(7) We ask all new students of the School of Global Japanese Studies and School of Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences and their families to board a train on the Tokyo Metro Tozai Line at Takebashi Station to travel to the Nakano Campus after the ceremony is over.
Other matters: We will send persons performing admission procedures various guidance schedules as documents, by post.