Graduation Ceremony Notice for the 2020 Academic Year (Updated: Mar. 15, 2021)
Mar. 15, 2021
Photo: 2018 Graduation Ceremony
The Meiji University Graduation Ceremony for the 2020 Academic Year will be held as follows:
Owing to the limited capacity of the venue (Nippon Budokan), there will be two ceremonies, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
Students will not receive their diploma or graduate certificate in person on the day of the event. Documents will be sent later. Details on how students will be notified of the decision whether they can graduate and on sending certificates will be available on the Oh-o!Meiji website.
March 26, 2021 (Fri.)
Start: 10:00 AM (doors open one-hour prior); Finish: 11:00 AM
Schools of Law, Commerce, Arts and Letters, Business Administration, Information and Communication
Start: 1:30 PM (doors open one-hour prior); Finish: 2:30 PM
Schools of Political Science and Economics, Science and Technology, Agriculture, Global Japanese Studies, Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences, Graduate Schools, Professional Graduate Schools
* Students are not permitted to attend the ceremonies for undergraduate and/or graduate schools for which they are not enrolled.
Nippon Budokan (2-3 Kitanomaru-Koen, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo)
Nippon Budokan on a Google map
Take the exit from Kudanshita Station on the Tokyo Metro Tozai and Hanzomon Lines or the Toei Subway Shinjuku Line
*Please do not arrive by car.
*In order to prevent infection with the new coronavirus, the number of people in the venue will be limited to 5,000 for each of the ceremonies. As a result, only 2020 graduates will be allowed to enter the Nippon Budokan. In order to carry out each graduation ceremony safely and securely, it is not possible for students’ family members to visit the venue. We ask for your kind understanding.
The ceremony will be broadcast live on the Internet. If you are a family member, or a graduating student or graduate student who cannot attend the event for health reasons, please use the following URL from your device:
[Morning ceremony] YouTube Live: https://youtu.be/AXplsPFdEFY (Valid only during the day of the "morning ceremony")
[Afternoon ceremony]YouTube Live: https://youtu.be/8oO_x9lLclg (Valid only during the day of the "afternoon ceremony")
Also, a video of the ceremony will be released on our website after the ceremony. Information will be available on the Meiji University website.
*Measures to prevent the spread of new coronavirus infections
(1) On the day of the event, please be sure to take your temperature at home and make sure your temperature is normal (Less than 37.5 ° C) before coming to the venue.
(2) Please install the new coronavirus contact confirmation application (COCOA) on your smartphone and activate it.
(3) In the venue, please wear a mask at all times, refrain from unnecessary conversation, and keep a distance from people around you to avoid crowding.
(4) We will take your temperature at the entrance of the Nippon Budokan. If you have a fever (More than 37.5℃ ), you will not be allowed to enter the venue.
(5) When you enter the Nippon Budokan, please disinfect your hands thoroughly with the disinfectant provided.
(6) Please wash your hands thoroughly with soap after using the toilet. Also, please close the lid of the seat before flushing, after using a sit-down toilet.
(7) Please refrain from coming to the venue if any of the following applies.
① If you have various symptoms of a cold (Fever, headache, cough, sore throat, runny nose, stuffy nose, joint pain, muscle pain, etc.).
② If you feel ill, have shortness of breath (dyspnoea), or an abnormal sense of smell or taste.
③ If you have symptoms such as nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
④ If you are not feeling well, generally.
⑤ If you have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for the new coronavirus infection within the past 2 weeks.
⑥ If you have not been given a visa to enter Japan, have visited countries or regions where people are required to undertake an observation period after entering Japan, or have had close contact with such a person within the past two weeks.
*Important notes for participants
(1) Only graduating students and graduate students are allowed to enter the Nippon Budokan. Please show your Student ID Card when you enter the venue. If you have lost your Student ID Card, we will check your details on the notification list for those graduating.
(2) It will be very crowded around the venue, so please come early.
(3) Please use public transportation to come to the venue. Please note that you cannot come by car.
(4) Please refrain from meeting up in the station or around Yasukuni-dori Street as it will obstruct traffic.
(5) After the ceremony, there will be a staggered exit system in operation, so please follow the instructions given by members of the Meiji University staff.
(6) Smoking is prohibited in the Nippon Budokan and Kitanomaru Park. Also, please be sure to take your garbage home with you.
(7) After the ceremony, please refrain from attending dinner parties or drinking parties.
*Guidance for entering and leaving the Nippon Budokan
It will be notified on the Oh-o!Meiji website.