Jul. 09, 2021
Announcement of the AY2021 Fall Graduation Ceremony
Jul. 20, 2021
Photo: 2019 Fall Graduation Ceremony
We are pleased to announce that the fall graduation ceremony for the academic year 2021 will be held as set out below.
Students will be notified of graduation and completion decisions by their faculty or graduate school through the Oh-o! Meiji website from late August to early September.
Please note, as we place the highest priority on your health and safety that the way the graduation ceremony will be held and the system for delivery of degree certificates may be changed depending on the infection situation of the new coronavirus pandemic.
If there are any changes to the graduation ceremony or the issuance of degrees, we will announce them on our website by early September.
Date and Time:
September 19, 2021 (Sunday)
The ceremony will begin at 11:00 (doors will open at 10:15) and will end at 11:35.
Academy Hall, 3rd floor, Academy Common, Surugadai Campus (1-1 Kanda-Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo)
3-minute walk from Ochanomizu Station on the JR Chuo and Sobu Lines and the Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line.
5-minute walk from Jimbocho station on the Toei Subway Mita and Shinjuku lines, Tokyo Metro Hanzomon line
※Please do not come by car.
Participation in the ceremony:
In order to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection, the number of people in the venue will be limited. Therefore, only graduate students and graduating students from the fall of 2021 will be allowed in the ceremony hall.
In order to ensure the safety and security of the graduation ceremony, family members and other relatives will not be allowed to visit the venue. We ask for your understanding in this matter.
The ceremony will be streamed live on the Internet. If you are a family member or a graduating student or graduate student who has to refrain from coming to the ceremony due to health reasons, please visit the following URL to participate via PC, tablet, smartphone, etc.
A video of the ceremony will be posted on the Meiji University website after the ceremony.
Graduating students and graduate students will be informed of the location where degree certificates will be issued for each undergraduate and graduate school in the notifications of the graduation/completion decisions as mentioned above.
Measures to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection:
(1) Please make sure to take your temperature at home on the day of the event and confirm that you have a normal temperature (generally less than 37.5°C) before you arrive.
(2) Please install the Coronavirus Contact Confirmation App (COCOA) on your smartphone and have it ready for use before you arrive.
(3) Please wear a mask at all times on campus, refrain from unnecessary conversation, and keep your distance from others to avoid crowding.
(4) The ceremony site will be cleaned, disinfected, and ventilated in advance.
(5) When entering the site, please use the disinfectant provided at the entrance to thoroughly disinfect your hands.
(6) Please wash your hands thoroughly with soap after using the restroom.
(7) Please do not come if any of the following conditions apply:
(ⅰ) Having symptoms of a cold (fever, headache, cough, sore throat, runny nose, stuffy nose, joint pain, muscle pain, etc.)
(ⅱ) Feeling tired, shortness of breath (dyspnea), or abnormal sense of smell or taste.
(ⅲ) Having symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
(ⅳ) Feeling in poor physical condition.
(ⅴ) Having had close contact with a person who is positive for new coronavirus infection within the past two weeks.
(ⅵ) If you have visited a country or region where the government has restricted entry or required an observation period after entry within the past two weeks, or those who have had close contact with a resident of such a country or region.
Precautions for participants
(1) No one other than graduating or graduate students will be allowed to enter the ceremony venue.
(2) Please enter as early as possible to reduce congestion around the venue.
(3) Please use public transportation. No vehicles will be allowed.
(4) After the ceremony, you will be asked to leave the venue at different times. Please follow the instructions from the staff.
(5) After the ceremony and after receiving your degree, please refrain from eating or drinking at social gatherings, and return home as soon as possible.