Announcement of the AY2022 Entrance Ceremony
Apr. 04, 2022
Photo: 2020 and 2021 Entrance Ceremony
[Updated on March 31st, 2022: Site opening time, URL for distribution, measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, precautions, and entrance and exit guidance were added.]
[Updated on April 5th, 2022:Uploaded the ceremony plan.]
We are pleased to announce that the Entrance Ceremony for the academic year 2022 will be held as follows.
Because of the capacity of the ceremony venue (Nippon Budokan), the first session will be held in the morning, and the second session in the afternoon.
Date and Time
Thursday, April 7th, 2022
The ceremony will begin at 10:00 (doors will open at 9:00) and will end at 11:00.
School of Commerce, Science and Technology, Agriculture, Information and Communication, Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences and Graduate Schools
The ceremony will begin at 13:30 (doors will open at 12:30) and will end at 14:30.
School of Law, Political Science and Economics, Arts and Letters, Business Administration, Global Japanese Studies, and Professional Graduate schools
*You cannot join the session other than your enrolled schools or graduate schools.
Click here to see the ceremony program
Nippon Budokan (2-3 Kitanomarukoen, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo)
Kudanshita Station (Tokyo Metro Tozai Line, Hanzomon Line and Toei Shinjuku Line)
*You can’t access by car.
*As for announcement on February 4th, 2022, the ceremony will be attended only by new students.
In order to ensure the safety of the ceremony, any family members or guardians will not be allowed to attend the ceremony. We would like to ask you for your cooperation.
The ceremony will be livestreamed on the Internet. If you are family members, guardians, or new students who need to refrain from attending the ceremony due to health reasons, please join from the following URL via PC, tablet, or smart phone.
First Session: https://youtu.be/XbjpbI7NtKs
Second Session: https://youtu.be/crevGr4Ao4k
Measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19
1. On the same day, please be sure to check your temperature at home and make sure it is normal (less than 37.5℃).
2. Please install COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application (COCOA) on your smartphone and make it available.
3. In the venue, please always wear a mask, refrain from unnecessary conversation, and keep your distance from others to avoid crowding.
4. We will check your temperature at the entrance. You will not be allowed to enter the venue, if you have a fever (more than 37.5℃).
5. When you enter the venue, please disinfect your hands thoroughly using disinfectant provided.
6. Please wash your hands thoroughly with soap after using the restroom. Also, please close the lid of the seat before flushing.
7. Please do not come if any of the following conditions apply.
i. Having symptoms of a cold (fever, headache, cough, sore throat, runny nose, stuffy nose, joint pain, muscle pain, etc.)
ii. Feeling tired, shortness of breath (dyspnea), or abnormal sense of smell or taste.
iii. Having symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
iv. Feeling in poor physical condition.
Precautions for Participants
1. No one other than new students will be allowed to enter the venue. Please submit your student ID at the entrance.
2. Please enter as early as possible to reduce congestion around the venue.
3. Please use public transportation. Please do not come by car.
4. Please do not meet up in the station or around Yasukuni Street as it will impede traffic.
5. After the ceremony, you will be asked to exit through Shimizu Gate at different times. Please follow the instructions from the staff.
6. Smoking is prohibited in Nippon Budokan and Kitanomaru Park. Also, please be sure to take your trash home.
7. After the ceremony, please refrain from holding social gathering with eating and drinking.
Entrance and Exit Guidance at Nippon Budokan
Please refer to the following on how to enter the venue before the ceremony and exit after the ceremony. Please follow the instructions from the staff for the safety and security of the ceremony. Thank you for your cooperation.
1. Seating Floors
We will take you arena seats, 1st floor seats, and 2nd floor seats in that order. If you wish to sit in the arena, please arrive early.
2. Requests for Entrance
Please follow the instructions from the staff referring the map below, so as not to impede traffic. Please note that the entrance through Tayasu Gate will be very crowded. While the entrance through Shimizu Gate will be relatively smooth.
3. Requests for Exit
After the ceremony, please follow the instructions from the staff referring the map below and exit through Shimizu Gate.