Sep. 07, 2021
Updated on May 12th 2021 for the application for the academic year 2022
1. Application Procedure and Selection Schedule
*The schedule differs depending on the country.
In order to enroll in a regular course (Master / Doctoral / Professional degree), it is necessary to take an entrance examination of your desired graduate school after your arrival and pass the exam during the designated period by MEXT.
Degree Programs in Enlish are offered by some of our graduate schools.
Please find information here.
Japanese proficiency is required for majors other than these programs with some exceptions in doctoral courses.
2. To apply for “Letter of Acceptance” from Meiji Univ.
Documents 1 to 3 are mandatory for any applicant.
1. Application form for 'Letter of Acceptance' from Meiji on MEXT Scholarship Program
2. Photocopies of the Passing Certificate of the first screening issued by the Japanese diplomatic establishment
3. Photocopies of all the documents you submitted to the Japanese diplomatic establishment
All documents must be stamped by the diplomatic mission abroad.
- MEXT Application form with applicant’s photo attached, in the prescribed form
- Field of Study and Research Program Plan, in the prescribed form
- Academic transcript of each academic year issued by the last university attended
- Graduation certificate or degree certificate of the last university attended, or an expected graduation certificate if you are expecting to graduate at the time of application
- Recommendation letter from the president/dean or the academic adviser of the last university attended
- Recommendation letter from the present employer if currently employed
- Abstract of theses
4. Photocopies of the certificate of Japanese/English proficiency test
- We do not accept your application after the deadline, August 27th, 2021 in Japan time.
- Please be aware that it normally take about a month to reply with the result. More time may be required during the summer vacation from August 1st to September 20th.
- We will e-mail the result attaching “Letter of Acceptance” to applicant's e-mail address. In case that you are not accepted, we will inform you of the result by e-mail as well.
*The subject should be "(Application Form) MEXT Scholarship ".
【Postal Address】*in case you can not send the application documents by e-mail
1-1 Kanda-surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 1018301, Japan
*Please write "MEXT Scholarship program" on the envelope.
For the information of our graduate schools
Information of our faculty members is available on;
●“faculty” icon on each graduate school page
ex) Graduate School of Law: http://www.meiji.ac.jp/cip/english/graduate/law/faculty.html
● Faculty Database.
*You don't need to contact your prospective supervisor prior to your application.
*We don’t restrict applicants personally to reach our faculty members. But we also don’t connect them to our faculty members nor provide contact information before the application.