If you would like to stay in the International Residence, please apply through your host faculty/staff (full-time) at Meiji University, upon carefully reading the terms and conditions below.
Note: As the International Residence is not a hotel, they do not provide the same level of service and amenity goods as a hotel.
About each residence
Izumi International House
Ikuta Guest House
Eligibility and allowable period of stay
|Eligibility||Allowable Period of Stay|
|Researchers from Overseas||Within one year|
|Researchers who reside in Japan||Within one week|
|Researchers and students from overseas who are joining a program organized by undergraduate schools, graduate schools and affiliated institutions.||Within the program period|
1) Each room is equipped with cookware, tableware, bed sheets and clean towels (rental). Please prepare toiletries, detergent and other daily necessities by yourself, if needed.
2) As there is no room cleaning service during your stay, please clean the room, wash your bedding and dispose garbage (sort and dispose garbage according to the rules of each residence and ward) by yourself.
3) All rooms are non-smoking. Smoking is only allowed in a designated smoking area.
4) We do not have a parking space. Please use public transportation when visiting Ikuta Guest House/Izumi International House.
２．Arrival and check-in
1) Please check-in during the designated check-in time of each residence. If guest(s) are unable to check-in during the designated check-in time, the host faculty/staff must pick up room key at the residence.
2) The manager will be waiting at your pre-scheduled check-in time to provide necessary instructions on the residence. If your check-in time and date change, please contact the International Residence for Researchers Reservation Center in advance.
3) The room is assigned by Meiji University. Guests are not allowed to change/switch rooms without seeking approval from Meiji University.
4) Please notify to the manager and International Residence for Researchers Reservation Center in advance if you will be away from the residence for more than one night.
5) Accompanying families are only allowed to stay in the same room as the guest(s) who are eligible to stay in the International Residence for Researchers.
6) Guests are not allowed to have anyone stay over, unless prior approval is obtained.
３．Cancellation policy and terms of stay
1) Please note that cancellation fee will be charged for any cancellation or shortening of stay after your reservation is complete (please refer to "Cancellation Policy").
2) Please note that the necessary support and correspondence to the guests shall be provided by the host faculty/staff.
3) Guests are requested to respect the condition of the residence, and use its room, furniture and equipment with good care. Guests will be charged for damaged or lost items.
4) Please report all lost and damaged keys to the manager immediately. You will be charged replacement fees for the key(s) and door handle of approximately ¥20,000(JPY).
1) The invoice for accommodation fee will be sent via email to an address designated by host faculty/staff on the application form.
2) Payment method: Bank transfer or Credit Card payment only. *Cash or Overseas remittance are not accepted.
|If cancellation/change is received||Cancellation Fee|
|8 days prior to check-in date||No cancellation fee.|
|7 days to 1 day prior to check-in date||If your reservation is 30 nights or less: 50% of rest of the nights fee will be charged.
If your reservation is 31 nights or more: 50% of 30 nights fee will be charged.
|On the day / after check-in date
(including shortening or cancelling the reservation period after check-in)
|If your reservation is 30 nights or less: 100% of rest of the nights fee will be charged.
If your reservation is 31 nights or more: 100% of 30 nights will be charged.
※When shortening the reserved period of stay (cancelling) after check-in: If your cancellation request is received 60 days or more prior to your new check-out date, no cancellation fee will be charged.
For inquiry: Meiji University International Residence for Researchers Reservation Center
Weekdays 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m. (closed on weekends, national holidays and university holidays)
※Please include "International Residence" and your name in the subject line, and write your name and your host faculty/staff's affiliation and name in the body of your email.