Oct. 27, 2012
Public lectures (with English -Japanese translation)
-13:15-14:45 Katalin T. Biro (Hungarian National Museum) Carapathian obsidians of art of Central European obsidian research.
-15:00-16:30 Dieter Schaefer (University of Innsbruck ) The Mesolithic Project Ullafelsen of Tyrol (Austria).
Oct. 28, 2012
1) 9:10-9:40 Mi-Young Hong (Hanyang University)
Obsidian appeared Paleolithic industries in Korean peninsula.
2) 9:40-10:10 Vadim Stepanchuk (Institute of Archaeology of National Ukrainian Academy of Science)
Small opportunities and big needs:Mira EUP case of raw materials exploitation
(Dnepr basin, Ukraine).
3) 10:10-10:40 Sergey Ryzhov (Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv)
Obsidian outcrops in Transcarpathia and their use during
the Paleolithic time.
4) 11:00-11:30 Katalin T. Biro (Hungarian National Museum)
Petroarchaeological research in the Carpathian basin: methods, results, challenges.
5) 11:30-12:00 Harald Floss (University of Tübingen)
Rivers as orientation axes for migrations, raw material transport and exchange in the
Upper Palaeolithic of Central Europe.
6) 13:30-14:00 Stefano Bertola (University of Innsbruck)
The raw material variability in the mesolithic site of Ullafelsen (Sellain, Tirol, Austria).
7) 14:00-14:30 Yuichiro Kudo (National Museum of Japanese History)
Temporal correlation between archaeological and Environmental records from late MIS3 to early MIS1 in Japan.
8) 14:30-15:00 Hiroyuki Sato & Miyuki Yakushige (The University of Tokyo)
Obsidian exploitation and circulation in Late Pleistocene Hokkaido and adjacent
9) 15:30-16:00 Kazutaka Shimada (Meiji University Museum)
Upper Palaeolithic obsidian use in central Japan.
10) 16:00-16:30 Koujiro Shiba ( Nara National Research Institute of Cultural Properties )
Acquisition and consumption of obsidian in the Upper Paleolithic of Kyushu.
1-1 Kanda-Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8301
TEL : 03-3296-4545 (operator)
Humans and the Biosphere (HaB) Commission