Jul. 09, 2021
Online Resources (Databases, E-Journals, E-Books)
Please read before using this service.
It is prohibited to download or print out a large amount of data, such as an entire journal, at once. In particular, the automatic downloading of large amounts of data using programs is strictly prohibited. Violation of this rule may result in the suspension of the entire Meiji University service to the user concerned.
The number of simultaneous connections to databases
Accessing from off-campus, such as from home
Authentication (ID and password)
For Guest Professors, Emeritus Professors, research promoters, and research supporters
For part-time lecturers
Table of Contents
E-journals, E-books, etc.
Search for articles (Japan)
Search for articles (International)
Find and Read newspaper articles
Economic, Business, and Corporate information
Laws and Precedents
Dictionaries / Encyclopedias
E-books and Full-text databases (Japan)
E-books and Full-text databases (International)
E-journals and E-magazines (Japan)
E-journals and E-magazines (International)
Application for use of databases
Emeritus Professors, Researchers (non-tenured), etc.
- To apply, a library card is required.
- It will take several days from applying to start using databases.
Application for use of E-journal “ScienceDirect”
Undergraduate students cannot apply, but by requesting at the reference counter, undergraduate students can get the PDF of an article free of charge.
Precautions for use
Details of application
How to access from off-campus
Access by VPN connection service
How to access by GakuNin
- Open the web site of the online service and select "Log in" or "Sign in".
- Select logins such as: Institutional Login / Federated access / Sign in via your Institution / Access via Shibboleth / Access via Shibboleth.
- If you are asked to select a federation, select "学認フェデレーション”GakuNin”" (日本Japan).
- Select (or search) this university’s name such as 明治大学 / Meiji University / Meiji Daigaku in the selection, and log in.
- The Meiji University integrated authentication web site will be displayed. Enter your ID and password, click "Login", and select "Agree to send information".