Go Forward

在留期間更新・在留資格変更/ Applications for Extension of Period, Change of Status

Click here for English version of " Entry procedures to Japan amid COVID-19 pandemic". (as of April 16, 2021)

【重要/Important】入構制限による在留手続の郵送受付について/Reception of visa applications by mail due to restrictions of entry to campuses

 新型コロナウイルス感染症拡大に伴う入構制限措置等を実施しております。この間、 在留期間更新または在留資格変更の手続を郵送で受付けます。

(1)在留期間更新申請書および在留資格変更申請書(Excelファイル)は Oh-o!Meijiのグループ「在留手続き/Immigration Procedure」(オレンジ色)にアップロードしてください。

(2) 返送先住所を記載した封筒( 角2) を同封してください。その封筒を使って皆さんに書類を返送します。

(3)国際教育事務室に申請書類一式を郵送し、書類に押印を受けてから出入国在留管理局に申請してください。なお、 大学から書類が返送されるまで2週間ほどかかります。この日数を踏まえ、余裕をもって申請書類を送ってください。

(4)必要書類に含まれる在学証明書や成績証明書は、事前に所属学部・研究科事務室に発行申請をしてください。 証明書の発行については こちら から確認してく ださい。

Due to the spread of COVID-19, Meiji University is currently conducting an entrance restrictions in all campuses. 
While the entrance restrictions are implemented, visa application ("Extension of Period of Stay” and “Change of Status of Residence”) documents must be sent to the International Student Office by mail .

Please note that the following items differs from the usual procedure.
(1) Application forms for extension/change (Excel file) must be uploaded to "在留手続き/Immigration Procedure” group tab (orange icon) in the Oh-o! Meiji system.

(2) Enclose ONE self-addressed envelope (「角2」size 24cm x 33cm), which will be used to send back your visa documents. 

(3) Mail your application documents to the International Student Office to receive an authorization stamp by the university, and them submit your documents to the Immigration Bureau. It will take around 2 weeks to have your documents sent back to you after confirmation. Please send the documents by mail ahead of time.  

(4) Please request your Academic Transcript and Enrollment Certificate to your school (graduate school) office beforehand. Updates regarding issuance of certificates can be found HERE.  

国際教育事務室/International Student Office

在留資格に関するご質問はE-mailでお問合せください。/ Please contact visa matters by E-mail.